We are fortunate to have several brilliant support services in the Sid Valley. Explore what is available here
Sid Valley Help is a signposting Service providing information and advice on local activities, health and care support services
They have walk-in sessions available at leigh Browne Room, Dissenters Chapel, All Saints Road, Sidmouth EX108ER on Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10am-12pm
For more information :
- Phone: 01395 892011 and leave a message or text 07378964521
Sidmouth Admiral Nurse
Tracey Hansford is our local Admiral Nurse. An Admiral Nurses is a specialist dementia nurse who provides expert practical, clinical and emotional support to families living with dementia. Please let your GP know if you would like to be referred for her services.
More information about Admiral Nurses can be found here.
Sid Valley Memory Café offers a friendly, social meeting place for people with all forms of memory problems, including their friends and family.
They meet every Wednesday at 2.15pm at Twyford House to offer advice and support, sing-alongs, games, talks, outings and most importantly, a cup of tea and a chat!
More further information
- Phone Memory Café Co-ordinator, Angela Thompson on 01395 577 394 – Twyford House, Coburg Road, Sidmouth, EX10 8NF
Occasionally some people find themselves without food or the money to buy food. Sid Valley Food Bank is here to help those people until they can get back on their feet.
The Food Bank was set up by local churches to help in times of crisis by distributing much needed provisions. Local Supermarkets Waitrose, Co-op, and Sidford Spar kindly support this initiative by providing collection points for food donation
Food is distributed using a voucher system. Any of the agencies below can be contacted, your need will then be assessed and a voucher issued. Clients will then need to take the voucher to the Food Bank and exchange it for food during opening hours. During the Coronavirus outbreak, referrals are directly passed from the agency to the Foodbank.
- Sid Valley practice, please liaise with your GP
- East Devon District Council 01404 575616 or 0800 1513441
- Citizens Advice Bureau at Sidmouth Library 03444 111 444
- Jobcentre plus (Honiton, which covers Sidmouth) 0800 0556688 or 0845 604 3719
- Sid Valley Help 01395 892011 or 07378 964521
- Sidmouth Childrens Centre, Chambers Close, Sidmouth 01395 576786
- Gateway 07980 023202
- Mustard Seed Cafe, All Saints Road Sidmouth 01395 512225
- Parent Support Advisor (Sidmouth College) 01395 514823
- Health Visitors, Midwives, School Nurses
- Devon & Cornwall Police
- Social Services
- Local Schools
- Local Churches
Visit the Sid Valley Food Bank website for more information
Gateway helps homeless people in the Sid Valley, is not an accommodation agency but can offer homeless and vulnerably housed people practical help with:
. working out the best choices to find or keep accommodation to suit their particular situation.
. accessing professional advice to better understand the available options.
. engaging with statutory agencies like East Devon District Council and the DWP.
. obtaining ID, bus passes and similar documentation.
. items like tents, sleeping-bags, clothing and meals.
. making a success of a tenancy.
. attending meetings with other agencies, landlords and lawyers.
Gateway Caseworkers do not give advice directly but signpost clients to other agencies who can assist in finding creative approaches to solving housing problems.
- The team works with anyone in the Sid Valley who wishes to engage with us and with whom it is safe for us to operate and who is:
- Occupying temporary or very insecure accommodation
- In situations which put them at risk of becoming homeless
For more information
- Visit the Gateway website
- To speak to a Gateway Caseworker, please contact: Ann Worthington (07980 023202): Tim Swarbrick (07740 067252); Deborah Chadwick (07857 780769); or Lesley Crawford (07470 004877).