Some surgical services are available within our practice. Patients cannot book these directly but your GP will happily discuss with you whether they are appropriate. Find out more here
Local anaesthetic surgery and joint injections
Some of our GPs perform minor surgeries, these include
- Steroid joint injections
- Surgical excision of ingrowing toe nails
- Removal of symptomatic skin lesions.
- The NHS only commissions the removal of significantly symptomatic skin lesions or where they is diagnostic uncertainty. Skin lesions cannot be removed for cosmetic reasons.
Low risk skin cancer surgery
- Patients can be referred for excision of low risk skin cancers after diagnosis by their GP
- This service is supported by the dermatology consultant team at Royal Devon and Exeter (RD&E) Hospital
- All skin lesions are sent for histological assessment. Cancers are discussed at the RD&E dermatology MDT meeting to ensure patients receive the correct follow up.
Carpal tunnel surgery
- Patients with carpal tunnel syndrome with symptoms after 3 months of conservative treatment (rest, splints, pain killers) can be referred for surgical treatment within the practice.