Flu Vaccination 2022 – Come into the Surgery at Beacon Medical Centre
Sid Valley Practice – we still have flu vaccines for 65 years and above, if you would like to pop into the Beacon Medical Centre, no appointment required, please enquire at reception.
Patients 18-64 years of age who fall into the criteria below we do have limited vaccines available.
Eligible Flu Criteria:
- Patients over the age of 65 years of age (including those becoming aged 65 by 31st March 2023)
- Pregnant Women
- Patients aged from 18 to 64 with serious medical conditions such as:
- Chronic respiratory disease such as severe asthma, bronchitis and COPD.
- Chronic diseases such as heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease.
- Neurological disease such as Parkinson’s or motor neurone disease.
- Weakened immune system due to disease (such as AIDS/HIV), splenic dysfunction/asplenic, sickle cell disease or treatment (such as cancer treatment). Plus, patients with whom they have household contact.
- Carer’s, frontline health and care staff
- Learning disability.
- Morbidly obese BMI over 40.
- Patients aged 50-64 years of age with no clinical indicators will be eligible from 15th October 2022 (including those becoming aged 50 by 31st March 2023)